Dryer Vent Cleaning
Cleaning heating ducts is important: the build-up of dirt and debris in these ducts can cause your Grand Island home's HVAC system to run inefficiently and they can cause health problems. But most homes also contain a second duct system: dryer vents. And when the dryer vents in your home collect much build-up, it could lead to a potentially life-threatening situation.
According to the Consumer Products Safety Commission, an average of 6,000 house fires were caused in homes in the US between 2010 and 2012. These fires lead to property damage, injuries and death. In most cases, dryer vent fires are caused by lint that backs up and blocks proper air flow. Lint is highly flammable, so this is a very dangerous combination, and even dryers with safeguards are susceptible to fires.
The professionals at Mighty Duct, Inc can help you guarantee that your home is always as safe as possible with regular dryer vent cleaning services. Annual or semi-annual inspections and cleaning of your dryer vent will help your dryer operate more efficiently, increase your Grand Island home's energy efficiency, and keep your home safe from fires.
How Do Dryer Fires Start?
Dryer fires usually start when:
- Lint in the ducts restricts airflow.
- That causes the drying time to increase.
- Finally, the dryer's motor starts to overheat.
Once the dryer starts to overheat, it's only a matter of time before the built-up lint catches fire. Dryer vent cleanings help to prevent the dryer's airflow from ever being restricted, so that fires will never be a threat to your Grand Island home.
Call our professionals today for a thorough inspection of your dryer vents, and we'll be more than happy to help you ensure the complete safety of your home.
Dryer Vent Warning Signs
- Clothes are taking longer to dry (especially towels and jeans).
- Clothes are hotter than usual at the end of the cycle.
- The flapper on the vent hood doesn't open when the dryer is on.
- Clothes dryer is hot to the touch
- Dryer shuts off before the cycle is complete (this is a safety control which is triggered when the dryer reaches an unsafe temperature)
- Dryer vents have not been inspected and cleaned in more than a year.
If you notice any of these signs, call our professionals as soon as possible for dryer vent cleaning services. Not only will cleaning your dryer vent make your dryer more efficient, but it can also prevent a fire from occurring in your Grand Island home.
Benefits of Dryer Vent Cleaning
- Prevent dangerous fires caused by lint build-up
- Reduce your energy costs
- Reduce drying times
- Prevent water damage
- Prevent potential carbon monoxide poisoning
If you are looking for Air Duct Cleaning or Dryer Vent Cleaning then please call Mighty Duct at 308-675-2905 or complete our online request form.
- The Dangers That Could Be Lurking In Your Dryer Vent
- Duct Cleaning Facts From The Pros
There is nothing quite as comforting as pulling freshly dried clothes from the dryer, especially that favorite warm blanket on a cold winter's day. Your dryer is a convenience and one that households throughout the United States have come to rely on as a basic necessity … Read More
If the area around the vents is darkened with soot, it's actually past time for duct cleaning. Ducts should be cleaned every few years if you want to improve the indoor air quality in your home. Homes with pets may need the ducts cleaned more regularly. s the air is forced through the ductwork, it will pick up all types of contaminants harbored there. … Read More